Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Morning Marsh" -Sold

Oil on canvas board, 6"H by 8"W. Copyright © 2007 by Linda Warner Constantino.

I was set up on the shore of Pinckney Island under the trees for this painting. It was perfect because I did not need an umbrella to shade me and my easel. What I did not realize was how fast the tide would come in. When I started the painting there were green marsh grasses covering the foreground, then two hours later water totally covered the grass and my easel was in a puddle of water. Even so it was a gorgeous, sun-filled morning with enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away.

There is something so elementally satisfying about painting outside or en plein air as they say. Words seem inadequate to describe the double pleasure of being outdoors and painting. That is all I can say.

2 comments:

Diane O'Connor said...

Great new paintings. I wish you lots of success with selling them. Have you been able to sell your work on Ebay in the past?

Linda Warner Constantino said...

I have been painting for years and I have been doing this a little over a year with fairly good success. If the painting does not sell on eBay I often sell them privately. I enjoy the intimacy of selling my work this way. I am able to interact with the purchaser.
Thanks for your comments.
Linda