Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Sublime" Watercolor Portrait

Copyrighted © 2008 by Linda Warner Constantino.

I put this watercolor study up because I have not put up any portraits yet. This was done in watercolor on cold press paper. I work in both oils and watercolor simply because they are so different. It was for class demo and it was done from a photo I took a while ago of my nieces's boyfriend on a sunny day outside of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. He was a laid back kind of guy. I took the red out this scan a couple of times in Photoshop but it is still more red than the original .

2 comments:

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Linda,
I stumbled onto your blog and was so taken by the watercolor portrait you'e done. Very beautiful!

Austin Maloney said...

Linda I really like your work and your blog. As a fellow painter of still lifes and portraits I really appreciate those who pursue the same subject matter, especially those who do it as well as you.

Bravo

Austin