Monday, August 25, 2008

Plein Air Painting in Canada - Aqua Boat

Copyrighted © 2008 by Linda Warner Constantino. oil on linen board 5" by 7".

Well I made it home from Canada at 2:30 am. I am trying to re-enter the real world after a week of painting in an idyllic place – St. Andrews-by-the Sea, New Brunswick, Canada. The En Plein Air Masters workshop I took with Kevin Macpherson was delightful and he is a great teacher. His wife Wanda was also a very nice person and helpful, too. Many of my fellow painters are quite accomplished and that added to the challenge. The weather cooperated for the most part too. I wanted to write to my blog during the workshop but we painted from 9-5 or longer each day. So I will add more my about the workshop in my following posts.

This boat was moored off the dock in the center of town. I loved the color and shape of it so I did this little study one morning. It seems I always like my smaller works better because they are looser.

4 comments:

Michael Chesley Johnson, Artist / Writer said...

Nice work, Linda! It was great to see you at Minister's Island before the EPAM week. I'm glad you had a great time! I'm looking forward to a full, blow-by-blow report.

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Michael,
I just looked at your blog and saw you painted a little aqua boat too! I love the composition!

Making A Mark said...

Linda I'd love to hear some more about the Kevin McPherson workshop and what it involved.

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Katherine,
I just added a longer post about the workshop with Kevin Macpherson.
Linda