Friday, May 04, 2007

Blue Pitcher in Watercolor = Sold

"Watercolor on Arches Cold Press 140 lb - 5" by 7"- © 2007 Linda Warner Constantino

I paint in watercolors in addition to oils. I use them mostly for my illustration work. Ever since I saw a watercolor book by Charles Reid shortly after graduating from college I have been captivated by watercolors. Years later I was lucky enough to study with him a couple of times.

This is a painting is 5” by 7” in keeping with my passion for working small. I paint looser or tighter depending upon my mood. I try to stay fluid and not over mix the colors. It is a challenge to stay bold with the colors since watercolors tend to dry two values lighter.

The paints I used for this is a new set of water colors made of Kremer pigments in a medium developed by fellow painter Carol Gillot of parisbreakfasts

They are available online at sinopia.

The colors are rich and the pigments are strong. I am having great time seeing what I can do with them.

No comments: