Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Studio

Some of you have asked about my painting set up. Here is my studio area where I paint in oils. I have another setup nearby for watercolors. It is kind of a huge easel for such small paintings but it allows me room to sprawl with my gear. I use a paper palette and all my paints and brushes are spread out on a folding to the left of my easel. I have a north light skylight overhead. I usually paint only in daylight because I see colors better then. There is a lot of light in my studio which I love but sometimes it is too much. Note how I have left my fingerprints all over my chair, proof that I am a messy painter. This is my bookshelf wall. On the top are several small pitchers and dried artichokes as well as other potential still life objects. It seems that I have far too many books but I love them and cannot part with them.I am a collector of all kinds of things.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are an amazingly talented artist. WOW! My name is Heather. I am a 29 year old college student studying to be an Art Therapist. I started an Art Blog not too long ago on blogspot and I have just put all kinds of things I have done. I do a little of everything. I do believe that God is leading me towards painting children's furniture. I have done it in the past but I am going to do that on the side while I go to school. I don't have any postings of that yet but I would love for you to stop by and check it out! OH...I ADORE YOUR STUDIO. This is my dream. I live in a one bedroom apartment with my art supplies, easles, etc...everywhere. I want a studio so badly. Keep up the awesome work!
Heather Stokes