Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lily Pads

"Watercolor on Khadi Paper- Lily Pads © 2007 Linda Warner Constantino

This painting is from my sketchbook and not for sale but I am going out of town this weekend and wanted to leave you with an image. The lily pond is located at the beautiful Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena, CA

I painted this on Khadi paper which is made in India. I found a Khadi paper sketchbook in Rome and few years ago and fell in love with it. I think the paper is readily available in the US but I have only found the bound books that I particularly like in England. I just like the way it takes color and wash.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Linda . . .I sense a kindered spirit on your website and blog. Your small work is SPLENDID! I know. That isn't a word used much nowdays, but it is absolutely the truth. Small works show off the brush much more than large . . . and because of the tiny space, the color variation is much more evident. I could learn much from you!

Best!,
Mike . . . .www.mebaileyart.com