Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lily Pads - Landscape

Copyrighted © 2008 by Linda Warner Constantino, oil on canvas board 6"h by 8"w. Click on image to view larger. Click here to purchase.

I painted at the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge this morning. Acres and acres of marsh and lily pads! I did not know where to start. I did this little close up just to get acquainted. You cannot paint lily pads without thinking of Monet. Of course his paintings are gigantic and in some ways I think it would have been easeier to paint them on a larger canvas. What I was trying to do was a quick reponse to what I was seeing. Actually the bugs were bad. There are often challenges beyond the canvas in plein air painting! So here is my own little homage to Monet. I have even more respect for him now.

No comments: