Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sunny Boatyard

Copyrighted © 2008 by Linda Warner Constantino. 8" by 10".

I actually have been painting over the past few weeks but I just got around to posting. I decided to drop everything between Christmas and New Year's and focus on spending time with family. So much to be thankful for this year.

I have had some nice times painting with friends and enjoying being outside over this holiday break from teaching. Some days I just putted around my studio. I go through periods when I need to incubate – read books, look at art, sketch. I love oils but watercolors always tug at me too. So I did some sketches which I will post on my watercolor blog.

The day I painted in the boatyard the temperature went up to 75 degrees! The boats out of water have such interesting shapes to paint. I mostly wanted to capture the feeling of the sun.

No comments: