Monday, June 07, 2010

I got up and went to the fresh market at Campo dei Fiori. Lots of luscious vegetables and fruit. I decided to buy some and head up to the roof of my hotel and paint. I just love it up there. It must be 5-10 degrees cooler and there is always a breeze. I was in more of a still life mode for this.I could not resist the artichokes with the long stalks on them. You never see them like this at home.The purple in them was incredible.

Since I am working on botanical illustrations for a course I am taking through the Society of Botanical Artists in London, I thought I would do a tighter study than I might normally do of these artichokes.I worked on cold press Fabriano paper and I have to say it is a lot easier for me to handle than the hot press required for my course.

Work in progress on the roof.

Finished Artichokes

No comments: