Friday, July 23, 2010

Sketchbook - Carmen's House

Carmen's House - 4 by 5 in. - Watercolor Sketchbook - © 2010 by Linda Warner Constantino

Seems only natural that Carmen the gardener would have such a nice array of plants blooming around her house. I have painted this scene in oils and watercolors and it is always hard to do justice to it. People who love things that grow seem to encourage it all around them. My mother, my sister Patti and my sister Dona are all blessed with that kind of nurturing talent. They are the kind of people who can just seem to stick something in the ground and it will grow like crazy.

Garden Gate - 4 by 5 in. Watercolor Sketchbook - © 2020 Linda Warner Constantino

I love this little garden gate that someone took the trouble to paint such a lovely shade of almost turquoise. This is another one of Carmen's many gardens. She has asparagus growing on the right. I loved the way the morning sun was basically backlighting the gate.

No comments: