Sunday, August 08, 2010

Chasing the Light Exhibit

Spannocchia Doorway - 7 in. by 5 in. oil on linen. Framed 12 in. by 10 in. $400. © 2010 by Linda Warner Constantino.

My show of new work entitled Chasing the Light opens tomorrow, August 9th at the Art League Gallery on Hilton Head. The opening reception is on Tuesday, August 10th from 5-7 pm. I invite you to stop by if you are in the area.

The paintings on exhibit are in oils and watercolors. Some were done en plein air and some in the studio. I work small in general with the largest painting being 11 in. by 14 in. My inspiration comes from my recent month long painting trip to Italy that was made possible by a presidential fellowship from Savannah College of Art and Design where I teach.

The painting above is a little doorway that always looks the same but is beautiful in its simplicity with the grapevine creating a natural awning. The sink is used to clean out the slop buckets for the pigs. So there are always some colorful buckets around it. I also loved the simple little pot of geraniums catching the light. This sun only hits it this way in the mid-afternoon and was painted en plein air.

No comments: