Friday, August 01, 2008

Cinta Senese Pigs - Landscape

Copyrighted © 2008 by Linda Warner Constantino. 6" by 8"- oil on canvas panel.Click on image to view larger. Click here to purchase.

These are not just any pigs. These are Cinta Senese pigs that are an endangered species domesticated at Spannocchia the Italian organic farm I was at this past spring. It was a grayish day today so I went for my photos to do this painting. I tried to place the paint on this one and try not to fuss with it too much.

Speaking of Spannocchia I have gotten the dates firmed up for next summer's Plein Air Painting in Tuscany workshop that I will be teaching there. It will be from June 21 through June 28, 2009. I should have the prices firmed up in the next week or two. Email me me if interested.

2 comments:

Chris Bolmeier said...

Hello Linda,
While making some changes to my blog I happened to see an ad for you in the right hand column. I never click on the adsense in my own blog, but I couldn't resist because your last name sounds Italian, and I'm just a curious person who happens to be Italian. Your Cinta Senese pigs are adorable, of course I see why now, I've just read they're Italian too! Well they were raised by some Italians, close enough. Okay, now down to business. You're a really really really lovely painter. I love your colors and your still lifes very much as well as the plein air and the watercolor too! Your loose style and yummy colors...yes, yes, yes. Sorry for rambling on, but I had to....you're just too good!!!
P.S. I wish my name wasn't so long. I have a really difficult time signing my pictures and just putting your initials is very nice.
Have a great evening!

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Thank you Chris for your lovely comments!!
Actually my husband is Greek but our name passes for Italian all the time. I LOVE Italy! I often tell people that when I retire someday, I am planning on becoming Italian:)I will be teaching a workshop there next summer on a beautiful organic farm in Tuscany.

I cannot say enough about working from life. It is like tight roping without a net for a while until you become used to it but worth it.
I remember Burt Silverman (famous illustrator and portrait painter) used to say do 100 paintings from life before working from photographs. I think it was good advice because you learn how to use the reference and depart from it without it becoming a crutch.
So I do not always work from life but I prefer it.
Thanks again for stopping by.

Linda