Sunday, January 25, 2009

Measuring Up

Copyrighted © 2009 by Linda Warner Constantino. 6" by 6" - oil on gessoboard - Sold.

It has been a hectic start to the school year and I am teaching an overload, so painting time is at a premium. I have committed to attending life drawing classes for two hours on Monday nights. I feel it is important since I do teach portrait illustration and I enjoy it. I am a bit rusty but I am hanging in there.

I am also teaching an illustrating the edible class which is fun because it is all about food and since I a paint still lives, I love it. I painted these measuring spoons, well just because. I use them often but they all of a sudden seemed like something interesting to paint. It's funny how you can look at something over and over again and then one day you see it in a totally new way.

I a currently showing my work at Shop SCAD and the Hilton Head Art League Gallery and recently sold paintings. I guess I was kind of surprised with the economy and all. I have chosen to be optimistic and it always amazes me how it actually contributes to things getting better.

No comments: